Need help reviewing your candidates' assessments? This article explains how!
Reading time: 5 minutes
All of your candidates have completed their assessments? Great! Now it's time to review and analyze the results!
You can immediately view who your top candidates are based on the results of the assessment. But TestGorilla's analysis tools go deeper than just rankings.
Note: This guide illustrates the general steps of analyzing the results of your candidates. The results can look different depending on the type of each test.
1. Go to your TestGorilla account page
First, log in to your TestGorilla account to immediately view the "My assessments" page. This page gives you an overview of all your assessments. Select the assessment for which you'd like to see the results.
2. General overview of all candidate results
The first thing you'll see is a general overview of all the candidates that have completed this assessment. On this page, the candidates are by default ranked from high to low based on their average test score.
By clicking the arrow icons at the top of each list column, you can organize the candidates in different ways. You can organize based on ratings, alphabetical order, latest activity, or your ratings of custom question responses.
Tip: You can download the assessment results of all participants in a CSV file by clicking on the download button located in the top right section of your screen. This way you can easily share the results with your colleagues or save them locally for your reference.
3. Individual candidate results
You can click on the name of a candidate in the assessment list to get a detailed overview of his or her assessment results. In this individual overview, you can see the candidate's results for each test used in the assessment, as well as other key information about the candidate. Some types of tests will have additional information provided to give you more context for your analysis.
Looking for more detailed tips on how to analyze specific test types? Have a look at this article.
4. Review custom questions
If you added one or more custom questions to your assessment, you'll be able to view and rate a candidate's answers on his or her results page.
- To view the answer to a custom question, click on "View" under "View answers". You'll see a pop-up showing the custom question and corresponding answer provided by the candidate.
- You can rate a candidate's answer for each custom question by using the star rating in the question window. You can also rate a candidate's responses overall (for all custom questions combined) by using the star rating above the custom questions in the assessment.
- The overall rating for the custom question responses of each candidate is also listed in the general results overview for all candidates (previously mentioned in step 2 of this guide). This allows you to easily compare all candidates' overall ratings for their custom responses.
- You can add private notes for each candidate in the "Notes" box located next to a candidate's overall rating on custom questions. These notes are not shared with the candidate and are for your reference only.
5. Go back and see the results of other candidates
By clicking the arrow button in the upper left corner, you can go back to the overview of all candidates that have completed the assessment. Here you can select another candidate to see his or her individual assessment results.
Want some more tips and tricks for analyzing your TestGorilla assessment results? Have a look at this article.
If you need assistance at any time while using TestGorilla, we're here to help! Click here to contact support.