No clue where to begin? No problem! This guide covers the fundamentals of TestGorilla.
Reading time: 5 minutes
Welcome to TestGorilla! In this guide you will learn:
- What TestGorilla can do for you
- How TestGorilla works
- How to start using TestGorilla today
Table of Contents
- What is TestGorilla?
- Our testpreneur model
- Tests and assessments: what's the difference?
- How to use TestGorilla (step-by-step)
- Start using TestGorilla right now
What is TestGorilla?
TestGorilla is an online service that helps you hire the best people through an incredibly easy process.
Our service allows you to develop personalized assessments for your job candidates. These assessments consist of validated tests from our test library and custom questions you can create yourself. Assessments are then used to test candidates in your recruitment process.
After testing, you can analyze the results through our intuitive and detailed output reports. All of this lets you accurately predict real-world job performance for your candidates.
In other words, we give you the best tools to test your candidates. Then, we handle the data crunching for you.
TestGorilla helps you make objective hiring decisions, avoid painful mis-hires, and saves you valuable time.
Our testpreneur model
The tests we use are carefully crafted by experts in their respective fields. We call these experts our "testpreneurs."
Our platform allows testpreneurs to offer their tests to businesses like yours. Testpreneurs share directly in the success of their work, motivating them to always create fresh, relevant tests of the highest quality.
Each test we use goes through a rigorous quality check before we offer it in our test library. We provide our testpreneurs with advanced tools to analyze and improve their own tests. Additionally, we invite other experts within these fields to peer review and validate the tests created by our testpreneurs.
Finally, we measure the predictive success of tests after they are used a number of times. We do this by tracking and comparing a hired candidate's job performance to his or her initial test results.
All of this contributes to the constant improvement of the tests we offer. This means you will always have the best and most up-to-date tools available for your assessments.
Tests and assessments: what's the difference?
The two key building blocks of TestGorilla are tests and assessments.
An assessment is the combination of tests and custom questions you use to evaluate your candidates.
The tests from our test library can be used to test for both general and job-specific skills. You can also ask candidates your own custom questions. These questions can be multiple choice or open-ended. You can also ask candidates to record a personal video presentation in response to a question. These video responses can help you learn more about a candidate's personality and communication skills, similar to a live interview.
So, think of the assessment as the total package and the tests as the tools in your toolbox. You decide which tools work best for you.
Can’t wait to have a look at the tests we offer? Go to our test library here.
How to use TestGorilla (step-by-step)
Below you'll find the general method of using TestGorilla in your recruitment process.
Need a detailed guide to building your first assessment? Check out our "Guide to making an assessment".
- Build an assessment: Each testing cycle begins with you creating an assessment. First, choose one or more tests from our test library. You can also add your own custom questions to the assessment.
- Review assessment: Carefully review your completed assessment to make sure you have all the desired tests for your candidates. Double-check for any errors in your custom questions. Consider the overall length of your assessment package to ensure a great experience for you candidates.
- Invite candidates: There are multiple ways to bring candidates to your assessment. You can invite candidates directly from within our system by sending them an automated email. You can also copy a direct link that you can use in your own emails or posts on job profiles.
- Receive results: After you've invited your candidates to your assessment, allow time for them to complete it. Once a candidate completes his or her assessment, you can immediately see the results on your candidates page in your TestGorilla account.
- Analyze results: The assessment detail page allows you to review the results of all candidates. Candidates are automatically sorted from the highest to lowest average assessment score. You can also sort candidates by name, latest activity or custom question score. Clicking on a candidate's name allows you to see more detailed results. This also allows you to watch a candidate's personalized video response (if you included a video question) and review and rate the candidate's answers to custom questions.
- Archive assessment: Once you've hired one or more candidates, we recommend that you archive the assessment. This allows you to easily duplicate an assessment to be used again later. Archiving also helps us improve the accuracy of our software.
We offer native integration with different ATS. Have a look here to see whether your ATS is included and how this works.
Start using TestGorilla right now
Ready to go? Great! Let's begin by setting up your first assessment.
We have a detailed guide to walk you through the entire process here.
Want to learn more? Our product walk-through highlights the most important things in your TestGorilla account. Start the product walk-through here.
If you need assistance at any time while using TestGorilla, we're here to help! Click here to contact support.