Assessments are put together by companies using TestGorilla. Each assessment consists of up to 5 tests and up to 10 custom questions.
TestGorilla allows companies to develop personalized assessments to test job candidates.
Assessments consist of validated tests from our test library, as well as custom questions that companies create themselves.
Each assessment can have up to 5 tests and up to 20 custom questions.
Most tests have a time limit of 10 minutes, though some coding tests are 30 minutes. Typically, an assessment can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to complete.
The custom questions added by prospective employers are unique. There are five different types: multiple-choice, essay, video (where you'll be asked to record a video response), file upload (such as a resume or portfolio), or custom coding questions. The time limits for these questions can vary.
Taking an assessment
Here are the basic steps for completing an assessment.
- You'll be invited to the assessment by the company you're applying for, either directly via email or by requesting an email invitation through a link on their job posting.
- Your email invitation will contain a link to the assessment. Click the link to access the assessment when you're ready to start.
- Enter your personal details to verify it's you. (If you've reached a login page, requesting a password, you're in the wrong spot. Go back to your email, and click the assessment link).
- At the welcome screen, we'll highlight important things to know before you start, such as how many tests to expect, how long the assessment will take, and general instructions.
- Make sure your camera is working, as you'll likely need it for the assessment.
- All tests are timed. Once the countdown has started, don't leave the test (the countdown will continue even if you closed the assessment window).
- Try to finish all questions in the tests, but don’t worry if you’re not able to. Few candidates can answer all questions.
- After each test, you can quickly evaluate your experience with it.
- You can take a break after each test or simply continue with the assessment.
- You can provide feedback for the entire assessment after finishing the final test.
- The company you're applying for will contact you about the results.
Note: If you encounter any issues at any time during the assessment, please check our FAQ and Troubleshooting article first. Alternatively, you can reach out to the support team. This option is also shown at the bottom of your screen during the assessment.
Things to keep in mind
- We recommend using the Chrome browser to complete an assessment.
- You should activate your camera before starting an assessment.
- You can take breaks from an assessment in between tests, but not during a test.
- You can exit the assessment during the break periods between tests, then use your personal link to continue where you left off.
- You cannot retake an assessment once you've completed it. If you want a new invitation to the assessment, you must contact the company you're applying to.
- You cannot go back to a question once you submit it.
- You can contact our support team at any time if you encounter any technical issues during the assessment.
Note: Since companies create their own assessments using TestGorilla, we cannot tell you the specific details of any assessment you're invited to. If you want to know more about a specific assessment, we advise you to contact the company you're applying for.