Assessments are put together by companies using TestGorilla. Each assessment consists of up to 5 tests and up to 10 custom questions.
TestGorilla allows companies to develop personalized assessments to test job candidates.
Assessments consist of validated tests from our test library, as well as custom questions that companies create themselves.
Each assessment can have up to 5 tests. You can find the different tests we offer—such as coding tests, personality tests, negotiation tests, and more—in our test library. Each test is crafted by an expert in that particular field.
Check out our test library to get a better look at our tests.
Most tests have a time limit of 10 minutes, though some coding tests are 30 minutes. Typically, an assessment can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to complete.
The custom questions added by each company are unique. There are four different types: multiple-choice, essay, video (where you'll be asked to record a video response), or file upload (such as a resume or portfolio). The time limits for these questions can vary.
We wrote this article to explain how the time limits work and how long an assessment can take.
Taking an assessment
Here are the basic steps for completing an assessment.
- You'll be invited to the assessment by the company you're applying for, either through an email or direct link.
- Click the link to access the assessment when you're ready to start.
- Log in with your personal details to verify it's you.
- At the welcome screen, we'll highlight important things to know before you start.
- Make sure your camera is working, as you'll need it for the assessment.
- Click "Start" to begin the first test. From this moment, the timer will start.
- After each test, you can quickly evaluate your experience with it.
- You can take a break after each test or simply continue with the assessment.
- You can provide feedback for the assessment after finishing the final test.
- The company you're applying for will contact you about the results.
If you encounter any issues at any time during the assessment, you can contact our support team. This option is shown at the bottom of your screen during the assessment.
Things to keep in mind
- We recommend using the Chrome browser to complete an assessment.
- You should activate your camera before starting an assessment.
- You can take breaks from an assessment in between tests, but not during a test.
- You can exit the assessment during the break periods between tests, then use your personal link to continue where you left off.
- You cannot retake an assessment once you've completed it. If you want a new invitation to the assessment, you must contact the company you're applying to.
- You cannot go back to a question once you submit it.
- You can contact our support team at any time if you encounter any issues during the assessment.
Since companies create their own assessments using TestGorilla, we cannot tell you the specific details of any assessment you're invited to. If you want to know more about a specific assessment, we advise you to contact the company you're applying for.