Video questions are the ideal way to get a first impression of each candidate.
Video questions are custom questions that enable your candidates to answer with a video response. This lets you see how candidates communicate and respond to open-ended questions, just like in a live interview.
You can choose a time limit of 30 seconds, 60 seconds, or 120 seconds for a video response. After a candidate records his or her response during the assessment, it's automatically saved on their results page. You can watch and review these responses at any time.
Video questions are one of the 4 types of custom questions that you can add to your assessments. Want to learn how to create one? Check out this article.
When should I use a video question?
Video questions are typically best used to get a first impression of a candidate, without the hassle of having to schedule an interview. It's a great way to add a more personal side to your assessments and allows for more self-expression from your candidates.
Some examples of what you can ask for with video questions:
- "Introduce yourself and tell us what defines you as a person."
- "Try to sell me an item you have on your desk right now."
- "Present your answer to this case study in the allotted time."
- "Why do you want to work for our company?"
- "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"